White Chickpeas, soaked for 3 hours – 50g
Yellow Pumpkin, diced – 500g
Cumin Seeds – a pinch
Small onion – 2 nrs
Curry leaves – 2 leafs
Green chillies – 2nrs
Coconut – 1nr
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Take first and second extraction from coconut. Pour the second extraction into the vessel.
2. Heat the extraction; add the pumpkin and white chick peas. Let it to boil well.
3. Add salt, stir and add first extraction of coconut milk after the vegetables get cooked. Simmer the fire.
4. Prepare the coarse ground masala with coconut, small onion, curry leaves, green chillies and cumin seeds.
5. Add the ground masala, stir well. Keep it in stove for one minute, stir and take out.
6. Superb vegetable Kootu for all auspicious occasion.