Raw Rice (Pacha arisi) – ½ cup
Ghee or Refined Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt - a little
Method of Preparation
1. Soak the rice items for about 4 hours in water. Rinse it well after soaking.
2. Add little water to the soaked rice and put in to the mixie.
3. Grind it nicely and take it out. Pour it down into the heavy bottomed vessel.
4. Make the rice mixture into the consistency of Dosa batter. Add salt and Ghee / Oil. Mix it.
5. Keep the vessel over the low flame and stir consistently. If you stir it for few minutes, it shall become a dough kind texture. Remove from fire. Let it to get cool down for few minutes.
6. Apply little oil in your palm, now knead / mix the dough mixture till it become soft.
7. Now you can place the Idiyappam dough in to Idiyappam intruder.
8. Prepare Idiyappam one by one and put few coconut gratings over each Idiyappam. Steam the Idiyappam for 5 minutes.
9. Now the excellent Idiyappam is ready to taste.