Varalakshmi Viradham recipe in Aadi Velli day of Tamil Aadi Month.
Rawrice – 500g
Jaggery – 100g
Milk – 2 litres
Water - 200ml
Ghee – 50ml
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Heat milk in cooker. Add turmeric powder, pepper powder and Jaggery. Stir it.
2. Add the rinsed rice in boiling milk along add jaggery, mix all well. Close the cooker with lid.
3. Make it to allow 4 whistles, turn off the fire.
4. Once the pressure is released, Open the lid and pour the ghee on top, stir it all well.
5. Now the divinely flavoured Kuzhaanam is ready for prayer.