Rawrice – 500g
Ghee – 4tbsp
Cumin seeds, dry fried – 1tsp
Fennel seeds, dry fried – 1 tsp
Curryleaf – a few
Salt to taste
Coconut, gratings – a handful
Garam Masala powder-1 tsp
Dry redchillies – 1
Ginger, chopped – a small piece
Luke warm water as needed to make Kozhukattai dough
Method of Preparation
1. Fry the coconut and dry redchillies in little ghee without change the colour. Grind it finely without water.
2. Dry fry and powder the cumin and fennel seeds separately (If you need add very little turmeric powder).Soak the raw rice in water for two hours after that drain the rice well then spread the rice over plain towel and dry it under shadow. When it gets dry out, powder the rice in machine. Slightly fry the rice in medium fire and keep it aside.
3. Add grinded masala, a pinch of cumin and fennel seeds powder, raw rice flour, salt, ginger, curry leaf, garam masala powder, a tbsp of ghee in a vessel.
4. Mix it all well then sprinkle required amount of luke warm water to prepare the soft Kozhukattai dough.
5. Make small balls from this Kozhukattai dough and cook it in steamer.
6. Serve this delicious and spicy Kozhukattai in this Vinayagar Chathurthi season.