Are you ready to taste village fare, so it is a right time to taste lip smacking Sigappu Kozhi with me now.
Purely a deep South Tamilnadu gorgeous Sigappu Kozhi (dry red chicken) was on my plate in great looking which happened in my past recent village visit. After I tasted and sighed, it is a taste what I am looking in my long run recipe search to give better alternative to sukkha variety. It is a heavy task for housewives to prepare any curries, gravies that need different masalas, lots of pain in grinding, cooking attention and many more. But this all exempted in Sigappu Kozhi preparation after I heard and observed the recipe. Ohhh!!! feeling great and relax…
Blend of masalas and oil over Sigappu Kozhi produces glossier and sure it shall be the girlfriend of other village style chicken preparation. In more, addition of small onions and country tomato merge with ginger, garlic paste guaranteed real earthy flavour to Sigappu Kozhi. A group around me broke up another secret and said use little fatty chicken parts though improves the taste and fragrance. Oh well I assumed fact, fact, fact, fact!!!!!
Lets we go to the iconic Sigappu Kozhi preparation.
Chicken Pieces – ½ kg
Refined Oil – 100ml
Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Chopped Small Onions – 10 nos
Chopped Tomatoes – 1 no
Cumin Seeds – ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Ginger, Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
1. Take a heavy bottomed vessel. In this add chicken pieces, refined oil, Ginger & Garlic paste, Chill powder and salt. Now mix all together well.
2. If required add 100ml of water. Now keep the vessel over flame and to be cook in simmer fire.
3. Alright take another kadai now, spoon little oil. Fine, oil starts heated, add cumin seeds. After it splutter add chopped onion and tomatoes at a time, stir it well,
4. Add little chilli powder and turmeric powder to the mixture, mix all now. Ok masala is ready now.
5. Ok come let’s see the condition of Sigappu Kozhi, Open the vessel. See, oil starts separting, chicken cooked, more fragrance and colour. Now drop the masala, mix all well.
6. Keep the Sigappu Kozhi for another 02 minutes in flame and then serve hot.
Hey all, utmost taste is guaranteed and your comments are most welcome. Let it be sure Sigappu Kozhi on your today’s dining table. Then end up Sigappu Kozhi in little humor, at the time of hearing Sigappu Kozhi’s name I thought is this any movie mix of horror and romance?. But anyhow, later understand it is a recipe and compromise myself by saying horror = spicy / taste and romance = preparation / colour.
Happy and Enjoyable eating….