(Juicy vegetables in hot tamarind sauce)
It’s a village style preparation. Farmers use this as a dip of their food, while going their farmland. It’s a good match for ice biriyani.
Gingelly oil - 2tbsp
Urad dal - 1/2tsp
Garlic cloves - 5 nos
Red chillies - 3nos
Small onions - 50g
Brinjal - 2nos
Ash gourd - 50g
Ladies finger - 50g
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 11/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Tamarind - Small lemon size
1. Cube the vegetables. Dissolve the tamarind into thick paste.
2. Heat oil, temper it using first 3 ingredients, add the small onions & garlic, and stir it. Add the masalas, fry it for few seconds.
3. Add the vegetables. Pour the tamarind puree in it. Season it with salt. Cover it and simmer the fire.
4. It has been well cooked after five minutes, serve it hot with rice or ice biriyani.
5. Garnish with fine Cilantro.
It’s a delectable one, the tangy taste and juicy vegetables added in the curry goes well with all kind of South Indian food. Ice Biriyani I mentioned here the water added in the remained boiled rice in the house before go for the sleep at night that has to be used for the next day meal. It has sour taste.